We recommend that you check your ebooks on digital reading devices such as Kindle, Nook and Kobo readers, on smartphone apps (Google Play Books, Aldiko etc.), iPad and also in software like Adobe Digital Editions.
Here is a list of what to look for:
- Hyperlinks – are they all present and do they all work?
- Special sorts and non-Latin letters – are these all displaying correctly?
- Typos – look for errors and/or inconsistent capitalization in places like top-level author and title, main table of contents, picture captions, chapter numbers etc.
- Layout and formatting – e-text is fluid, and we have much less control over the way it appears on the screen than we do with a static, printed page. However, please check those pages and features where layout is crucial: epigraphs and dedications, poetry, tables, charts and figures.
- Integrated artwork/images – do images display well, and are they in the correct position?
- Re-run text – where text reflows, has it caused problems (e.g. hard hyphens retained)?
- Prelims/endmatter – are these all present in the correct order (including cover/jacket image), and worded correctly in the main table of contents?
- Cover/jacket – make sure that the latest version was supplied and that there are no typos.
- Is the book passing the IDPF Ebook Validator?