- It should contain the author's name, the title and the subtitle if you have one. This is a requirement by the stores we cannot bypass.
- Should be spelled correctly and match the information provided in the metadata and book.
- Can’t promote websites that sell books.
- The embedded cover image and the separately uploaded cover images should be the same.
- Should be in a jpg or png format, RGB color mode.
- Can’t be blurry, pixelated, mismatched, misaligned, rotated, incorrect, or have other similar quality issues.
- Should include only the front cover and not the back cover.
- Can’t contain materials that infringe the rights of others.
- Should be in portrait form.
- Should not be in 3D or boxset format.
- Embedded cover: 1600×2400 pixels (recommended). The pixel limit is 4 million pixels.
- Separately uploaded cover: Must be at least 800×1280 pixels, but 1600×2560 pixels is recommended.
How to create a book cover
To read more about book covers, please check out this article: https://publishdrive.com/create-book-cover-free/ It is a step-by-step guide for creating your book cover for free.