As of March 1, we have moved our operations to Dover, Delaware. In order to comply with United States law, we have updated our Terms of Service. We would love to take all of you with us, but you'll have to opt in: we won't automatically move you to the new company.
Just log in to PublishDrive, and click Accept.
Please read this article carefully for details.
Why did we switch?
We are still global and we still love our authors and publishers from all around the globe. Operating from the United States, however, enables us to work within a trusted, clear and transparent legal framework that is necessary for us to improve and grow.
Will it be better for our publishers?
We hope so!
- We already know that we are able to lift restrictions on paying non-tax registered individuals: we'll be able to pay everyone.
- We will reduce the payment threshold. (We're currently working out the details to find the best solution, but it will definitely be 50 USD or less.)
- Our default currency has changed to USD.
What else will change?
- We'll be required to make everyone fill in and sign a W9 or W8 form. This is an online form, and we'll help you to fill it in if you need.
- Depending on your circumstances, we might be required by US law to withhold tax. Read more here.
What happens now?
When you log in to the website, you'll notice a a pop-up window, asking you to accept the new Terms of Service. Just click Accept! If you are not yet ready to decide, that is okay: you'll have two weeks to make up your mind.
What is the timing of the changes?
Very good question! First, let us reassure you:
- This won't change anything regarding the sales you already made in January and February.
- These sales will be reported, invoiced and paid out as usual, according to the conditions you signed upon registration, end of March and end of April respectively.
If you opt in, the new contract will apply from March 1, regardless of your opt-in date. Invoicing and payment of sales made after March 1 will be done according to the new T&C. We'll send your W8 or W9 form in April, and pay your royalties end of May.
If you have registered on or after March 1, you don't have to opt in again: you have already accepted the Terms of Services upon signing up.
We would be extremely sorry to see you go, but if you opt out, your books will be taken off sale after March 31. We'll pay your remaining royalties according to the current regulations.
We know that this is a lot to take in. Please think it through, and do not hesitate to ask Csilla and Máté if you have any questions or concerns. You can reach them at email@example.com.