Certain distributors do not accept books that have encryption in them. If you encounter this problem while trying to publish your book, all you need to do is complete a few simple steps before we can accept your book for distribution.
- You will need to download the free ebook editing software Calibre. You can find it here.
- Open your book with Calibre (Add book > Search for the file on your computer > Open).
- Select ‘Edit book’ in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the lower left corner of the screen until you find ‘encryption.xml’ under Miscellaneous. Right click and select the option to delete.
- Save the file and re-upload it on the PublishDrive platform.