Abacus has been expanded to accept Kobo Writing Life (KWL) and D2D royalty reports for convenient royalty splitting.
After exporting your monthly sales data, just drag-and-drop your reports into Abacus, assign royalty percentages, complete the import process, and you’re good to go! You can then calculate co-author royalties, track costs and author advances, and manage other team finances.
Let’s see how you can do it.
Download reports from your Kobo Writing Life account
Please use the detailed invoice data that emailed to you every month from Kobo Writing Life, or follow these steps to download them: https://kobowritinglife.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004370614-Where-can-I-find-my-sales-report-and-when-can-I-expect-one-
Download D2D reports
Export your sales data from D2D:
- Sign in to your account on D2D https://www.draft2digital.com/login/
- Go My Reports https://www.draft2digital.com/reports/
- Choose eBook Raw Sales Data https://www.draft2digital.com/reports/raw_sales_data/
- For report period choose the period (month) you wish to import to Abacus
- Download your results in CSV format
- D2D report may contain verified and not verified sales info as well (Column “Verified”). Abacus excludes all non-verified sales from royalty reporting!
- You need to download your report month-by-month to be imported to Abacus
Import data to PublishDrive abacus
- Log in to PublishDrive: https://account.publishdrive.com/login
- Start ababus with “Split Royalties” button
- Drop your downloaded CSV file to abacus
- Select the titles you wish to include to Abacus
- Provide your contributors’ data
- Review the data
- Finish Import
Click “ADD DATA & UPDATE” button on the top of the page
Article is closed for comments.