PublishDrive offers several Chinese distribution channels. They include major online retailers like JD, DangDang, and the library supplier CNPeReading. We also provide options for audiobook and print-on-demand publishing in China.
Publishing books in China can be rather complex. That’s why we compiled a list of important information to keep in mind:
- If you have Chinese channels enabled, your book goes through an internal review with the PublishDrive team as usual. Then, we send the book to the Chinese importer company. Your book gets sent instantly after being approved by our team. The time it takes for your book to go live depends on each store.
- Every book goes through a mandatory censorship process overseen by the Chinese state. We do not have any information about the examination criteria, nor do we receive feedback on whether a book gets accepted or rejected. If you’ve waited on your book for more than 6 months, it is possible that the title was rejected. We also do not receive any explanation on why a book gets rejected.
- Even if your book goes through the censorship process successfully, it is possible that the store will still not display it. The stores’ editorial teams reserve the right to select books they feel will be popular with their audience.
- Unfortunately, due to the process described above, there is no 100% guarantee that your book will be published. However, we encourage you to enable Chinese distribution to see what happens.
- You might notice that CNPeReading uses higher prices than the ones you entered on our platform. Since this channel is a supplier for libraries and other educational institutions in China, they usually sell books for a higher price (similar to stores that use the library pricing model). Books are priced higher due to libraries/schools purchasing them permanently. These books are used by several people for a longer period of time.