iReader is the world’s leading mobile reading platform with over 500 million users. Their reach is international, distributing over 600,000 titles to 70 million active readers in over 150 countries. We’re more than ready to help you reach its global audience. Here’s what to know below.
- Supports over 14 languages with its friendliest and innovative reading app
- Integrated with more than 200 international mobile providers like LG, Sony, and Samsung
- Consistently achieves the highest market share of mobile reading across countries and regions
- Awarded “The Most Influential Enterprise in Entertainment Industry” and “The Best E-Publishing National Enterprise”
iReader distributes ebooks. See our guides for how to prepare your book files: ebook requirements.
iReader reaches over 150 countries with a strong focus in Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia overall.
Important to note that China is excluded from current reach. However iReader is China-originated company, current channel covers all the countries of the World but China. Their China’s reach also expected to come to PublishDrive, but later in a form of a different distribution channel.
Excluding China also means that the titles do not need to go through censorship that is mandatory for those stores that sells in China.
- Currently English titles can be distributed via PublishDrive to iReader
- This will be extended to other popular languages in the near future
iReader only accepts the following genres: romance, fantasy romance, erotica.
iReader uses an episodic subscription model. Customers pay for a subscription service to access iReader’s content. Virtual currency is spent on reading fractions of content (mainly chapters).
Royalty rate and reporting
PublishDrive who are on subscription plan get 35% royalty for each sale. Royalty paid after all purchased fragment/chapter of the book.
You can access your royalty reports from iReader under ‘Royalty Payments’ from your PublishDrive dashboard.
- Royalty reporting happens on a monthly basis
- Royalty payouts happen on a monthly basis
PublishDrive can suggest your book to be featured on iReader. We send out suggestions on a weekly basis. Make the request under ‘Promotions’ from your PublishDrive dashboard. (The request can submitted after 14th October 2021)
(More merchandising opportunities are in the works, coming soon!)
How to enable iReader on PublishDrive
When publishing a new book
You will find the option to enable iReader distribution at the last step of the book upload process.
After submitting and getting approved, your book(s) gets sent out immediately.
When enabling iReader for an existing book
If you’re already distributing to other stores on PublishDrive, there is no action required here. We send out your book(s) to iReader automatically. (The actual sending starts at 14th October 2021).
Let us know if you have any questions. Happy publishing!