Empik is Poland’s largest retailer of books, international press, and media products, capturing 61% of the Polish online book market. With PublishDrive, distribute your ebook or audiobook titles to this leading retailer in no time. Here’s what to know below.
Empik Go is a subscription mobile app for ebooks and audiobooks:
- Empik offers five subscription types for its customers.
- Over 250,000 users are on the app every month.
- In 2020, audiobooks were most popular by capturing 49% of sales. Ebooks captured 40%.
The Polish book market is valued at more than 550M EUR. The market achieved a 9% growth rate in 2020, being one of the fastest-growing book markets in Europe. What else:
- The Polish book market accounts for almost 7% of the European publishing market.
- Polish ebook sales in 2020 saw a growth of 32% compared to 2019 (despite the pandemic).
- Empik is the leading retailer of online book sales, capturing 61% of the online book market.
- Empik also reaches other territories in East/West Europe and Asia.
Currently, English, Polish, Russian, Spanish and German languages are supported. All languages are coming soon.
Empik accepts genres of all kinds.
You can access your royalty reports from Empik under ‘Royalty Payments’ from your PublishDrive dashboard.
- Royalty reporting happens on a monthly basis
- Royalty payouts happen on a monthly basis
How to enable Empik on PublishDrive
When publishing a new book
Find the option to enable Empik distribution at the last step of the book upload process.
After submitting and getting approved, we send out your book(s) immediately.
When enabling Empik for an existing book
If you’re already distributing to other stores with PublishDrive, we require no action from you. We send your book(s) to Empik automatically.
Let us know if you have any questions. Happy publishing!